Psychotherapy in English
Anna Maria Pelc – psychologist and psychotherapist in Cracow
- a graduate of Psychology Institute of Jagiellonian University
- a graduate of Applied Psychology Institute of Jagiellonian University (Transport Psychology)
- a post graduate student in Ter-Cognitiva (Cognitive-Behavioural Center in Cracow)
- a member of The Polish Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Therapies
- a member of The British Psychological Society
Anna is a psychologist with over 6 years experience of working with a wide range of mental health problems. She has worked as a psychologist in various places in Poland, in adult mental health within the NHS and a number of community organizations in England.
Currently she is working at The Rehabilitation and Orthopeadics Center in Cracow and conducting a private practice.
Anna is passionate about the use of evidence-based psychological therapies to alleviate psychological distress. She conducts cognitive-behavioural therapy of adult and older teens.
She can help with:
- Mental health issues
- Depression & low mood
- Post-traumatic stress
- Eating Disorders
- Health related issues
- Pregnancy related issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- General counselling
Anna has particular interest in neuropsychology, mood and eating disorders.
Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) is a form of psychotherapy that treats problems and boosts happiness by modifying dysfunctional thoughts, emotions and behaviours. CBT focuses on solutions, encouraging clients to challenge distorted cognitions and change destructive patterns of behaviour.